Project: 40 MMBTu bark fired thermal fluid energy system
Process: heat 6 lumber dry kilns
Client: Interfor – Bathurst
Site Address: 5060 NB-430, Big River, NB E2A 6T2
Commissioned in: January 2023
In 2022, Interfor in Bathurst, NB purchased a 40 MMBtu wood fired thermal fluid energy system from Nexus Combustion inc. The energy system is used to supply 500 F thermal fluid to heat their 6 existing lumber dry kilns.
Nexus Combustion was responsible for the following.
- Full project coordination.
- Engineering and coordination of the foundation and the electrical entrance (installation by the client).
- Conversion of 6 kilns from propane to a thermal fluid system by installing heating coils and piping distribution. Complete with glycol kiln rail heating system.
- Energy system equipment supply and installation.
- Building supply and installation.
- Piping supply and installation.
- Electrical supply and installation.
- Energy system Instrumentation, controls and programming.
- Start-up and commissioning.